Community Block Party 8/19/14
WeGo Together for Kids partners!
WeGo Together for Kids PhotoStory
Connecting our Community...Strengthening our Families
The mission of WeGo Together for Kids is to address the health, safety and well-being of students and families through a collaborative, coordinated and comprehensive approach for West Chicago schools and community.
To get involved in WeGo Together for Kids and for more information call 1-630-293-6000 ext225 or visit us at http://www.wego33.org
- 2014 Human Services Grand Fund of $12,063 award to YWCA Metropolitan Chicago Patterson and McDaniel Family Center for CAP and TTC Programs in our schools.
- Walmart Foundation Grant awarded most recently: 2014/2015 - $500, 2013/2014 - $500, 2010 - $500, 2009 - $2,000, 2008 - $1,000.
- 2012, $36,895 award from a Safe Routes to School grant for Gary School to redesign student drop off and pick up and implement a community education program on safe travel to and from school.
- 2012, 21st Century Community Learning Center grant of $450,000 for 3 elementary after school and family programs for 3 years.
- 2010 SEL Initiative Coaching grant with DuPage Regional Office of Education and CASEL
- 2010 partner in grant award to YMCA Pioneering Healthy Communities Grant.
- Caring School Community, our elementary social and emotional learning program, grant for professional development.
- COD-MAC Center grant award shared with District 33 to teach after school children how to write and perform Corridor's with musician Juan Diaz.
- School Mental Health Support grant awarded in 2009 for $75,000 to provide mental health services for our students and their families.
- 21st Century Community Learning Center grant awarded in 2009 for $150,000 to run an after school and family programming in the Middle School for 5 years.
- Safety School/ Healthy Students five million dollar grant awarded in 2005.