Connecting our Community...Strengthening our Families
The mission of WeGo Together for Kids is to address the health, safety and well-being of students and families through a collaborative, coordinated and comprehensive approach for West Chicago schools and community. The vision is for all members of the community to support each other in creating an environment for growth, wellness, safety, happiness, and wisdom.
WeGo Together for Kids is a community collaboration with over 40 partners seeking to support West Chicago students and their families in achieving success. This collaboration is unique to West Chicago and not duplicated anywhere else in DuPage County. To learn more about WeGo Together for Kids contact Marjory Lewe-Brady, Director of Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 630.293.6000 x225
- 2012, $36,895 award from a Safe Routes to School grant for Gary School to redesign student drop off and pick up and implement a community education program on safe travel to and from school.
- 2012, 21st Century Community Learning Center grant of $450,000 for 3 elementary after school and family programs for 3 years.
- 2010 SEL Initiative Coaching grant with DuPage Regional Office of Education and CASEL
- 2010 partner in grant award to YMCA Pioneering Healthy Communities Grant.
- Caring School Community, our elementary social and emotional learning program, grant for professional development.
- COD-MAC Center grant award shared with District 33 to teach after school children how to write and perform Corrido's with musician Juan Diaz.
- School Mental Health Support grant awarded in 2009 for $75,000 to provide mental health services for our students and their families.
- 21st Century Community Learning Center grant awarded in 2009 for $150,000 to run an after school and family programming in the Middle School for 5 years.
- Wal-mart Foundation Grant awarded 2008 - $1,000, 2009- $2,000, 2010- $500.
- Safety School/ Healthy Students five million dollar grant awarded in 2005.